Did that title grab your attention? Are you ready? Ok, great! Now what kind of clickbait material would this be if I didn’t make you wait just a little bit longer?
For those of you who know me, or not, I get to do a really cool thing… It consists of myself and 15 other people being picked up and dropped off in a remote location out in Water Valley Alberta to partake in a survivor spin-off competition called Stranded. I’m really excited about this! Honestly I feel like this is the grooming stages for the actual chance to be a real cast member on Survivor one day, so hopefully I can beat the ultimate Strandee? Strander? I’m not sure what the title will be but I’m willing to take either of the titles when I win. When that happens I’ll get to add it to the end of my name on business cards, everyone knows what an MBA is B.comm. is, but no one know’s what Strandee will mean, and of course will ask ;).
Ok, so totally kidding about the ego stroke winning will do, let’s get down to the nitty-gritty about me and why I’m doing this.
Facts about me:
- I hate camping. Camping, not to be mistaken for Glamping. Glamping I like. Cooking over campfires, sleeping in tents and being cold, isn’t my thing at all.
- I have a strong dislike for bugs. Besides the other 15 people in camp guess what I’ll have to deal with, other than strong personalities, competitive nature and behaviour? Bugs, creepy crawly bugs, bug bites, bugs in my mouth when I sleep? Anyway, point is, it’s not just me out there.
- I can’t stand being cold. This competition is rain or shine, for 3 days out in the woods, with my luck I’m bound to either be wet from rain, or wet from a competition. It mostly affects my nervous system which triggers a whole lot of pain for me. Wet socks or shoes, definite no-go for me.
- Being dirty, like muddy dirty is the worst for me, its cool for an afternoon of fun, gardening or off roading or whatever, but after 3 days of dirt stuck in places no one thinks dirt goes, combined with BO from a lack of showering, stale campfire smell (assuming we get the fire going) I am no happy camper.
- Lack of food. We’re supposedly living on very little food, no hamburgers, nachos, or pizza during my stay at Stranded, so I could get a little grumpy – sorry fellow Stranded competitors, consider this your warning.
Why am I doing this?
Kids Up Front is one of my most favourite charities. In short I love them because they provide opportunity to kids and their families who otherwise can’t afford it. If you were like me as a kid, you day dreamed about seeing your favourite band, singer, athlete etc.and it wasn’t always feasible for our parents to go out and get tickets, back then people lined up for hours before the ticket office closed. Now I’m a bit older than this organization so it didn’t exist when I was a kid, but I know it would’ve been super beneficial to my mum when she was scrambling to find Backstreet Boy tickets at really high prices for bad seats back in the 90’s but she did what she could to make my dream come true.
Now while I joked about winning, it’s not me who wins. Every dollar raised for this charity makes the donor a winner and the receiver a winner. Donor wins because they get to help out a family who couldn’t afford to attend said event otherwise, and the kids, well, you know they’ll never forget the experience. I’m more the middleman, while I do need you to donate to “my” campaign initially, it really goes to the organization. You get the tax receipt and I reach the charity goal and the kids get the experience. I strongly encourage and even urge you to consider donating any amount to this organization. As stated I’m not much of an outdoorsy type person, so I’m really putting my best effort in and my pride won’t allow me to finish anything but first.
Now to sweeten the pot I have decided to include 3 original pictures of mine. for every $25 donated you receive an entry into a draw for 1 of 3 pictures. My work has been featured in magazines and newspaper nationally and locally in award shows and used mass marketing both online and off. I don’t sell my private work, or really give it away for that matter, unless special circumstances, so you’ll have a chance to win some really great pictures that I can guarantee no one else will have. If you’re a builder, realtor, stager, anything to do with architecture and design I also have 4 photo shoots up for grabs, with any donation amount to be entered to win one. If you do donate, comment below so when the draw happens you can be reached!